Here’s a long overdue gadget with a satisfyingly tech solution to the age old problem for the occasional wine drinker – keeping wine fresh once the bottle is opened. It promises to keep your wine from turning to vinegar for up to three months. And it uses argon gas and has a super gadgety look. Practice without an audience so you can use it with confidence to impress dinner guests and gadget Luddites alike. It’s one for Dad this Father’s day, that’s for sure
The new US-designed cutting-edge wine system lets you easily sample, pour and enjoy any wine – without committing to the entire bottle. In addition to the existing cork technology, the new Coravin Screw Cap technology, designed especially with the Australian market in mind, protects almost any wine from oxidation using Coravin’s proprietary patented technology.
How Coravin Works for Screwcaps in Australia
- Choose a fancied screwcap still wine.
- Remove and discard existing screwcap.
- Don’t pour wine directly from the bottle.
- Immediately replace with Coravin Screw Cap.
- Push the hollow needle through Coravin Screw Cap.
- Tilt as if the wine was being poured from an open bottle and make sure the wine is touching the Coravin Screw Cap.
- Press the trigger to inject inert argon gas
As the gas enters and pressurises the bottle, wine is forced out through the needle and into the glass via the spout. The wine hasn’t been oxidised – leaving it fresh to enjoy for weeks and months. When Coravin’s Screw Caps are used correctly, wine is protected from oxidation for up to three months. Coravin usage on standard corked bottles preserves the wine indefinitely – wine continues to age as if never opened.
There are three models available locally.
- Model One features a friendly, functional design and bright soft touch grips in a single blue and white colour.
- Model Two with a new thin wall needle that pours 20% faster than the original delivers a modern look, in a dark graphite finish.
- Model Two Elite is the ultimate fusion of technology and luxury with impeccable style in unique colours like rose-gold, piano-black, red, gold, or silver, along with the thin wall needle.
Find out where to get the Coravin wine system directly through the website. http://www.coravin.net.au/